I've gotten tagged TWICE for the 8 Things Meme - Maria and Christine both think I'm cool and want to know MORE about me.
Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
1. I don't care for any kind of gum that isn't mint. Not just any mint, it must be peppermint. Sometimes cinnamon is okay, but not often.
2. I've never used the peg type clothes pin, always the spring type. I bought a pack of the pegs at the dollar store and will attempt to use them this weekend. Perhaps this will cut down on the children dissecting them?
3. I enjoy a good historical fiction book. Lately I have been immersed in the dramas of the wives of Henry VIII of England. LOTS of good books about that: Philippa Gregory, Jean Plaidy, Antonia Fraser, Alison Weir are all great authors in this area.
4. I have patches in my yard where the grass will not grow because the dog runs on them so much. She is trained to pee in one spot in the backyard and follows the same path every time. She's a Whippet/Border Collie/Blue Heeler mix and can cross the yard in 3 seconds.
4a. A Whippet Border Collie mix is called a Lurcher. Who knew?
5. I'm too tired to cook tonight so we're having mac and cheese with ham and veggies thrown in. This dinner happens about once every two weeks. I'd like to take a nap, but when Hubbers gets home I need to go exercise. I will go to bed early tonight. OldestGirl won her baseball game today - 15 to 2!! - and that wore me out.
6. I'm a mean mom - I make my kids do summer school activities every weekday. They do workbooks called Summer Bridge to help them keep their skills up. They also have to read XX minutes every day. If they follow through for the specified amount of days, they get a reward of our choosing. This is as close to homeschooling as I'm willing to get.
7. I have 2 parakeets that aren't very tame right here by the computer. I like their sweet tweets and coos and when I can coax them up onto my fingers. I don't like when the girl bites me HARD!! so I'll let her go when she's sitting on my finger. She's not so bright. The girl is Hermione - bright yellow and green. The boy is Eragon - bright blue with black and white wings.
8. I made my first apron this last week - church ladies style! What do you think:
It's reversible. Blue is my favorite color, you know.
My sister-in-law wrote a great book. My best bud is writing a great book. I want to write a book. But I'm the only one with a blog. Enjoy!
The Follow Up:
My 8 tag buddies:
Life is Like a Lunchbox
And Miles to Go Before We Sleep
Bright Like the Son
Did I Say That Out Loud?
Adventures in the 100 Acre Wood
Teacher Mom Mad Woman
The Mother Load
(This post written on Tuesday, posted on Thursday, not all information is current)