Aug 9, 2007

Skin MD - Saved Me!


When I was having low thyroid issues several months ago, one of the first symptoms I noticed was very dry skin. Luckily I had a sample bottle of Skin MD around to try. This stuff is WONDERFUL!

I'm a low maintenance kind of gal and lotion isn't one of my top priorities. Luckily, the Skin MD shielding lotion isn't supposed to be glopped on at one hour intervals and doesn't leave big greasy mess.

Snip from the site:

"Shielding lotion is a lotion that forms a protective barrier on the skin and keeps out irritants and chemicals. It also allows the natural oils and moisture to remain in the skin so it can heal better. It is a big advantage that shielding lotions are light and go on without a greasy mess, " says Dr. Brian Zogg, a dermatologist in Albert Lea, MN.

Well GOOD, says I. I can apply this light, scent free lotion and go straight back to what I was doing without waiting for the lotion to sink in, evaporate, or get wiped off.
"A conventional lotion is not formulated to protect the skin like a shielding lotion does. Conventional lotions only add surface moisture to temporarily alleviate dry skin or itching. Shielding lotions stay on because they bond with the skin and protect it for long periods of time. With this protection in place your skin keeps its own moisture in and has a chance to use this natural moisture in the deep layers of the skin to heal itself," states Dr. Lisa Benest, a board certified dermatologist of Burbank, CA.
As a mom, I get my hands in chemicals (cleaning) and yuckies (uuh, 4 kids!) every day without fail. It's nice to know that Skin MD has got my hands safe from dryness.


Skin MD is

Dermatology tested
Fragrance and colorant free
Hypoallergenic
Paraben free
Non-comedogenic
No animal products or testing

While I don't know what all those words mean exactly, I DO know that this is the most wonderful lotion I've ever used and will be the only one I buy, ever more. Best of all -
you will absolutely love the way Skin MD Natural™ feels, goes on, and how it protects and hydrates your skin that we unconditionally guarantee it.

You read that right - they totally guarantee that you'll L-O-V-E it! Plus, there's a free sample section right one the site. How could you go wrong? I'm marking this one Frugal Baybee!!

My thyroid problem has been resolved but I'm still using Skin MD Shielding Lotion. I foist it upon the kids (yes, they thank me) and the Hubbers, and it's all good. Try some out and be sure to tell them that The Estrogen Files sent you!

One request, Skin MD magicians. How about a Skin MD with sunscreen in it?

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails