And maybe didn't know before? Or cared to know? Yeah, yeah, it's a meme. It's all Aimee's fault. Blame her for even more useless trivia about moi.
1. I like to watch Arthur even when the kids aren't home. Buster I'm not so crazy about, but Arthur ROCKS! I remember watching it over all the other TV channels available in the hospital after birthing one of my baby girls. I do the same with Veggie Tales. And that leads me to...
2. I don't watch TV other than the occasional movie borrowed from the library or rented, and PBS (see the Arthur comment). I'm just not into the stuff going on during "mainstream" prime viewing.
3. When I was 16, driving my first car, my mom and my evil stepfather (truth, not the good one I have now) went out of town for a few days and left me home to go to school and work. I was driving some friends home from school, just down the hill mind you, and I managed to run over something in the road. And rip off the oil pan.
Turns out that the "thing" in the road was a type of lift (like image only not folding and not so long) to raise the car up to work on the underside. When I went back later, it was gone and I couldn't prove it had ever been there.
Back to my oil pan - I was petrified that my parents would find out so I went to the house where I was staying with a friend of my mom and she helped me to get the car fixed before the parents came back and didn't say a word.
Yes, it was an expensive way to learn about road clearance...
4. I don't like wearing finger nail polish - it makes my fingers feel like they're suffocating. It's okay on my toes.
5. I can sew, quilt (a new skill!), crochet (Hubbers even wears my creations) and play cards, but I can't knit. One day I may learn. I also kick butt with Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4 on my PS2 and Pro Skater 3 on my Xbox. In real life, I'm scared stupid to move on my blades much outside.
6. I don't personally know anyone famous - not like Aimee and Steve from Blue's Clues. I don't think I've ever seen anyone famous up close, either. Not a major loss, but I do live in Idaho, like Demi and Ashton and Bruce. I have a very dear friend who is a married relation to John Heder (Napoleon Dynamite). Which was filmed in Preston, Idaho - my area of the world!!
7. I abhor spiders. Is there a stronger word than ABHOR? If so, it's the one I meant to use. But Hubbers is the bug man and is teaching our children such. So me and the spiders have a deal - no spiders where I can see them in the kitchen or bedroom and they live. Show your beady eyes in those 2 sacred places and you're squash city, spidey.
I've learned to tolerate the jumping spiders in the house - they're small, not poisonous, and they aren't Hobo Spiders which have a necrotic bite and love this area. It's the wolf spiders that eat Hobos, so they're okay to stay, too. As long as they abide by the treaty.
And Cat Faced spiders are cool 'cause their butts look like the triangular shape of a kitten's head. And they live in the lilac trees by my clothesline and eat the wasps. It's all good since they don't come inside.
Okay. I nominate JennaG, Suburban Oblivion and YOU gentle reader (yes, T, you too), to complete this meme task - 7 Odd or Unknown Things about you. I just shared some of my deepest, darkest secrets - how about some reciprocation? Comment on this here site and I'll visit YOUR secrets!
(PS - Don't forget that Postal Rates went up yesterday. SUCKS!)