My son F is two and a half. VERY 2, as the saying goes. F likes blowing out the Advent candles on the dinner table (what self respecting 2 yr old doesn't?). The problem comes when he blows them out as dinner is served. Then Daddy fights and fusses about trying to relight the wick which is so miniscule that you can't see but a black nub of it. And no, he will NOT just take the new candle I'm trying to hand him because it's the PRINCIPLE of thing thing and by DARN if he isn't an engineer who can figure it out!!
What does my nicely vanilla scented white candle look like now? Blackened nubby lump of wax. With that same miniscule wick.