Apr 26, 2008

Ta Da!

It's new fridge day - an official holiday here in the household! After 12 years of marriage and 11 years of using a fridge that is shorter than me, it was time, TIME I tell you!, to get a bigger one.

As luck would have it, a good friend was selling her second fridge for the right price and I got in on THAT deal! So it's a new to us fridge with lots of life left in it and LOTS of room for our burgeoning family's needs.

Worst part? I had to clean 10 years of ewwie out from under the old fridge. In my own defense, I used to clean under it every few months. Then I had a second child and the fridge/stove under-cleaning duties fell by the wayside. But it's clean now and I make a resolution to [make my child] clean under it every few months to avoid another 10 years of ewwie cleaning on my part. At 7 months pregnant. With a 4 year old "helper". If you are facing that 10 year deadline, my best advice is to get a nylon deck scrubber with a long handle and go that route. Worked like a charm after 1/2 a day of soaking.

Best part? It's C-L-E-A-N through no effort on MY part!! Yippee! It's like a brand new yummy thing in my kitchen! No calories for my hips and NO sugar to feed the gestational diabetes.

How can you get better than that?




PS - Guess what holiday is coming up, MOM!!

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails