Apr 18, 2008

Congratulations, Brother!

My baby brother had his first child last night. Well, no, that's not right. Beth had the baby, John just did what men do during delivery. I had to actually CALL to hear the news, since no one let me know. (so miffed!) I got a call from each of my parents when she went to the hospital in labor, but when the kid actually appears? Noooooooo - no call for Sara!

Regardless, Ella Mae was born at 12.31 am and weighed in at 6 lbs 11 oz and 19 1/2 inches long. During the pregnancy all I kept hearing was how long the baby was and they were afraid she'd be huge! Honestly, the length is normal and the weight is too. Beth also dealt with gestational diabetes but was able to manage with just diet. Unfortunately my brother is a type 2 diabetic (at just 29!) and maybe that helped Beth to eat better as well.
Regardless, Congratulations to my little brother!! And welcome to the world, Ella Mae. I wish you lived closer than So. California...



1 comment:

An Ordinary Mom said...

Congrats!

And 6 lbs 11 oz and 19 1/2 inches long? I dream of a child that little. Both of mine were at least a week early and one was 8 lbs 3 oz and 21 inches and the other was 9 lbs 1 oz and was 22 inches!

Locations of visitors to this page

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails