Nov 28, 2007

Bye, Grampa!

Yup, Grampa on the farm went home today after a 6 day visit. I'm missing him something AWFUL, as are the kids. CurlyGirl had an especially wonderful visit with him and feels his leaving very much.

The kids did so much stuff with him! Dad, you ARE a fireball. Made homemade books, cooked with Grampa each day (and thought it great), cleaned (and thought it FUN!), walked the neighborhood, went shopping. looked for Christmas lights in the neighborhood, hung out, sung Christmas carols, practiced sign language, and bought a Christmas tree yesterday.

When I tried to get one to cook with me tonight, I was turned down flat. Rats. Little Man came to help me after a sister was rude to him, but his help consisted of eating the cheese for the turkey quesadillas, after stacking it neatly in a pile.

I know he must have missed his wife, Gramma on the farm, and is glad to get back home, but I sure wish they lived closer. See, we live in SE Idaho and they live in SE Iowa. It's a 2 day drive straight through. Thankfully, we had some frequent flier miles and were able to buy a ticket for $10 for Grampa's visit.

We did get to talk a bit about having the big girls visit over the summer sometime, but we're not sure how to do that yet. The good news is Grampa and Gramma are thinking of coming out again this summer.

We can't wait.


1 comment:

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Sounds like everyone had a GREAT time with Grandpa. Aren't grandparents just the Best Thing Ever? God sure knew what he was doing when he made them.

I love how Little Man "helped" you make the quesadillas. Little Brother would probably "help" me in the same way.

Locations of visitors to this page

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails