Aug 22, 2007

Losing Weight, Finding Confidence

I've been asked to post a small motivational blurb about myself at my local Curves! What do you think about this?

My name is Sara and I've been a member of Curves since March 2005. I have always been overweight and unhappy about it. I'm a stay at home mom of 4 kids and wanted to be active with them and my husband. I never knew what to do about the weight other than complain in private, stay away from the picture takers at family events, and try to be invisible in public.

Since joining Curves, I'm thinner, having lost 26 inches and 22 pounds of body fat (that's like a whole three year old!) with an overall weight loss of almost 40 pounds. I have way more energy and am in the best shape of my life! I am more confident about myself than ever before and though I don't like exercise, my body sure does.

My ten year old daughter can't wait to turn 12 and come to Curves with mom – how's that for an encouraging statement! The kids all know not to mess with mom's Curves time. I even use the travel pass and go to Curves when we're out of town (my favorite feature). My husband has been inspired by my changing shape and good mood and has resumed his own fitness regimen.

I will never not belong to Curves, which provided the means and encouragement for my healthier lifestyle. You can do it, too!

What is Curves?
Curves provides a safe, efficient and effective workout for women of all ages and fitness levels in an environment that’s comfortable and welcoming. The Curves workout takes just 30 minutes, three times a week.

How does it work?
The Curves program is based on a circuit using hydraulic resistance machines, and incorporates aerobic exercise, strength training and stretching for a complete workout.The Curves program is based on a circuit using hydraulic resistance machines, and incorporates aerobic exercise, strength training and stretching for a complete workout.


There are Curves locations all around the world! Visit Curves International to find out where your local club is and join me in the fun.




sources: Curves Healthcare - Science Behind Curves

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, I may need to get off my duff and join too--sounds like fun!! Congrats again on the weight loss.

Robin Green said...

Congrats on the weight loss--I, too, love curves. I've been going for a year and a half now. I think you do plateau there, but I have enjoyed the added tone.

Locations of visitors to this page

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails