So here's the thing from Jennifer:
1. Go to Wikipedia and type in your birthday (month and day only):
March 26 is the 85th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar (86th in leap years). There are 280 days remaining.
2. List events that occurred on that day of interest to you:
- 1199 - Richard the Lionheart is fatally wounded by a crossbow bolt during a siege in France, he dies eleven days later. The marksman, a french noble named Pierre Basile, is executed.
- 1934 - Driving test introduced in the United Kingdom.
- 1942 - World War II: In Poland, Auschwitz receives its first female prisoners.
- 1945 - World War II: the third and final Raising the Flag on Iwo Jima.
- 1953 - Jonas Salk announces his polio vaccine.
- 1976 - Queen Elizabeth II sent out the first royal email, from the Royal Signals and Radar Establishment.
- 1982 - A groundbreaking ceremony for the Vietnam Veterans Memorial is held in Washington, DC.
- 1997 - Thirty-nine bodies found in the Heaven's Gate cult suicides
- 1999 - The "Melissa worm" infects Microsoft word processing and e-mail systems around the world.
- 1999 - A jury in Michigan finds Dr. Jack Kevorkian guilty of second-degree murder for administering a lethal injection to a terminally ill man.
- 2000 - Presidential elections are held in Russia, and Vladimir Putin is elected President.
3. List a Few Birthdays:
1874 - Robert Frost, American poet (d. 1963)
1930 - Sandra Day O'Connor, U.S. Supreme Court Justice
1931 - Leonard Nimoy, American actor and director
1934 - Alan Arkin, American actor
1938 - Anthony James Leggett, American physicist, Nobel laureate
1940 - James Caan, American actor
1940 - Nancy Pelosi, American politician
1941 - Richard Dawkins, British evolutionary biologist
1942 - Erica Jong, American author
1943 - Bob Woodward, American journalist
1944 - Diana Ross, American singer (Supremes)
4. List a death: (couldn't list just one)
1814 - Joseph-Ignace Guillotin, namesake of the guillotine (b. 1738)
1827 - Ludwig van Beethoven, German composer (b. 1770)
1892 - Walt Whitman, American poet (b. 1819)
1923 - Sarah Bernhardt, French actress (b. 1844)
5. List a holiday or observance (if any):
- Independence Day - Bangladesh
- Zoroastrianism - Prophet Zoroaster's Birthday.
- Prince Kuhio Day in Hawaii
Who knew such EXCITING things happened on the day of my birth, other than that momentous, heart stopping, death defying, AWESOME feat? Birth, that is.
You reading this?
TAG! You're IT! Leave me a comment and I'll visit YOUR happy day, too...