Jan 8, 2007

Another Blog of Passion

I admit it, I have one more thing (for now) that I'm passionate about and it's rather multi-faceted.
  • Breastfeeding for as long as you and baby want
  • Drs are not FRIENDS but EMPLOYEES
  • Drs DO NOT KNOW EVERYTHING!
There. Now that I'm done shouting at you, take whatever you want from this post and live free.

I attended my monthly La Leche League meeting tonight and had a very good time. I'm working on becoming a leader (YIKES!) and I really like the meetings, the networking, the chatter, the helping others.

I know that many people think the only women who attend the LLL meetings are very crunchy granola, militant breastfeeding femi-Nazis, but that's not true. It's normal women like you and me and Jane down the street who want to feed our babies what God intended from the production device so supplied.

The support to breastfeed is coming back in force. More and more women are coming away from the 50's and 60's mentality that the only milk an infant should drink is powdered formula from sterilized bottles.

What LLL is really about is support. Take or leave whatever anyone at the meetings have to say about any topic - just choose what works best for you and your child(ren) and leave it at that.

It's late. I'm tired, and the screen is whirling around in circles, so I guess I'm done.

--The anti-abortion, breastfeeding, baby-wearing, modesty touting, pro-life, stay-at-home mom of 4, wife of a magnificent, loving man

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my site. Glad to meet another pro-breast feeding mom. I have friends that dont breast feed and it leaves me sad and confused. Why? I should probably find a LLL group.

Locations of visitors to this page

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails