Jan 7, 2007

2007 Saint for the Year Devotion

I was surfing around this great wide bloggysphere tonight (and was impressed by the number of Catholic blogs on blogger.com!) and came across this most interesting post:

http://acatholiclife.blogspot.com/2006/12/2007-saint-for-year-devotion.html

I want to tell you about the practice of picking a saint at random to be your “holy protector” for the year. Actually, the saint is the one who chooses us though. The tradition of letting a saint “pick you,” is not a new one. St. Faustina wrote about it in her diary, Divine Mercy in My Soul.


Isn't that a wonderful idea? Since the idea never "expires" you can choose to be included whenever you happen to read this post on A Catholic Life. I sent my name in today and can't wait to see who chooses me.

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails